-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, April 6, 2007

Pot Roast (a la me)

[I promised a friend that I'd add this "recipe" to this collection so that he knows how to do it in the future.]

1 pound frozen piece of boneless roast-type beef
1 small onion, sliced, rings not separated
1 pound baby carrots (or big carrots chopped)
2 pound new potatoes (or big potatoes, cubed)
2 cups beef broth (or 1 can cream of mushroom soup, or 1 can cream of anything you like soup)

Line bottom of crock pot with onion rings. Top with a layer of potatoes. Add frozen beef. Surround beef with remainder of potatoes and carrots. Pour beef broth over everything. Put top on crock pot. Cook on HIGH for approximately 6 hours (more or less, depending on if you used more or less beef) or LOW for approximately 12 hours.

1 comment:

Lisa Knight said...

That's about my recipe, oven or crock. I usually add some red wine, for some reason it makes the house smell better. I have a real dislike of the "smell" of my Mom's pot roast, mostly because it always seems to get in my hair & I smell it for HOURS after. Don't know why, but the red wine seems to help with that!